Construction Project Coordinator
- Department: Residential Construction
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario
- Status: Full Time
For over 30 years, VANDYK Group of Companies has been a leading real estate development company, specializing in customer design/build projects in the residential, commercial office and retail sectors.
At VANDYK we believe every project is a partnership and not just a transaction. Partnerships are the company’s principal strength and part of our core values; to build long term relationships with client’s realtors, consultants, suppliers and employees alike. These partnerships are based upon trust, commitment, professionalism and integrity.
The Construction Project Coordinator will play a critical role in diligently forecasting job costs to determine resources for various projects within residential and land development industries in order to maintain competitive profitability and to ensure continuous improvement to our quality standards.
Construction Project Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
This person will perform the following duties in close conjunction with Project Manager:
- To review Architectural, Structural, and Mechanical drawings and perform take offs
- Build scopes of work and track tender documents and pricing
- Assist in the awarding of contracts, administer the designer/sales software program and manage pricing of upgrades and extras
- To develop and track new systems and procedures
- Evaluate vendor quotes and quality of goods and services to determine most desirable suppliers/trades
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment from suppliers/trades for building production
Construction Project Coordinator Qualifications:
- Minimum three years construction related recent experience in mid rise or high rise residential market
- Experience and knowledge of the construction tendering process – stipulated sum, construction management, and design build.
- Ability to read construction drawings and specifications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project
- Familiarity with Ontario Building Code and Knowledge of Tarion is a huge asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in this Construction Project Coordinator job opportunity in Mississauga, ON, please send us your resume for immediate consideration.