Site Superintendent – High Rise Construction
- Department: Condominium Construction
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Status: Full Time
For over 30 years, VANDYK Group of Companies has been a leading real estate development company, specializing in customer design/build projects in the residential, commercial office and retail sectors.
At VANDYK we believe every project is a partnership and not just a transaction. Partnerships are the company’s principal strength and part of our core values; to build long term relationships with client’s realtors, consultants, suppliers and employees alike. These partnerships are based upon trust, commitment, professionalism and integrity.
The Site Superintendent will play a key leadership role and will provide detailed strategic oversight to operations. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Site Superintendent will take ownership of all on-site activities for their assigned development project.
Start Date: Immediately
Site Superintendent Job Responsibilities:
- The primary driver of all site activity and will be responsible for ensuring that all work is completed according to design, within budget, to project schedule, and at the required standard for quality.
- Ensure your site is organized and adheres to the requirements defined in the Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Assemble the job site safety committee and chair the required job site safety meetings
- Conduct safety orientations and training sessions
- Maintain open communication with the Project Manager and other members of the management team
- Provide progress reports on site activities
- Mitigate site-level issues as they arise and escalate issues to management when necessary
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists
- Coordinate all municipal inspections
- Ensure that “as-built” drawings are prepared on a ongoing basis by all trades during the construction period.
- Maintain an organized job site, including the construction office
Site Superintendent Qualifications:
- College or university degree in a construction related field.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, employing effective listening skills
- Minimum eight years of current Ontario mid / high rise construction experience
- An eagerness to work collaboratively with the in-office project management team;
- A proven ability to leverage his/her extensive construction experience to resolve issues, to assist others on-site, and to generally contribute to job completion strategy
- A deep commitment to site safety and to creating and maintaining a positive site environment
- Tactful and mature demeanour with well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Demonstrated analytic, problem solving and time management skills
- Experience in effectively handling a wide rate of construction trades, suppliers and new home purchasers
- Knowledge of the Tarion New Home Warranty Program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Project, Outlook
If you are interested in this Site Superintendent job opportunity in Toronto, ON, please send us your resume for immediate consideration.