Senior Project Manager
- Department: Construction
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Status: Full Time
For over 30 years, VANDYK Group of Companies has been a leading real estate development company, specializing in customer design/build projects in the residential, commercial office and retail sectors. At VANDYK we believe every project is a partnership and not just a transaction. Partnerships are the company’s principal strength and part of our core values; to build long term relationships with client’s realtors, consultants, suppliers and employees alike. These partnerships are based upon trust, commitment, professionalism and integrity.
The Senior Project Manager will work as part of the Working Group with responsibility for providing project management services to the VANDYK group of companies. This valued member of the team will manage large building development projects to meet or exceed client expectations. They will also be actively involved in building the reputation in markets and generating new opportunities.
Senior Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Assist and prepare in the tendering, negotiating and preparation of trade contracts and purchase agreements
- Ensure that each new project is commenced in accordance with standard procedures
- Create and maintain good relationships and communications with team members and stakeholders
- Provide engineering and design input as it relates to construction detail problems
- Facilitate the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines and assisting with the creation of the project schedule
- Conducting a field inspection at each job site
- Obtaining permits, easements and deposits
- Ensuring timely project close-out
Other related duties as required Senior Project Manager Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years related work experience in low rise in wood construction and mid rise in concrete construction within residential market and significant experience within commercial construction development projects
- Ability to lead, inspire, and motivate a team and stakeholders is a must
- Ability to effectively communicate with owners, trades and consultants
- Knowledge of construction contracts
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Written communication includes business letters, construction cost claims, site instructions etc.
- Experience writing technical reports
We are committed to being the best developer in North America, balancing passion and excellence to deliver our commitments. Our people make this possible: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious and act effectively in an ever-changing landscape. Experience is nurtured at every level and excellence is rewarded with a competitive compensation package, support and opportunities to excel.
If you are interested and qualified for “Senior Project Manager” job in Mississauga, ON, please click apply now