Site Superintendent – Low Rise Construction
- Department: Residential Construction
- Location: Cobourg, Ontario
- Status: Full Time
For over 30 years, VANDYK Group of Companies has been a leading real estate development company, specializing in customer design/build projects in the residential, commercial office and retail sectors.
At VANDYK we believe every project is a partnership and not just a transaction. Partnerships are the company’s principal strength and part of our core values; to build long term relationships with client’s realtors, consultants, suppliers and employees alike. These partnerships are based upon trust, commitment, professionalism and integrity.
The Site Superintendent will play a key leadership role and will provide detailed strategic oversight to operations. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Site Superintendent will take ownership of all on-site activities for their assigned development project.
Start Date: Immediately
Site Superintendent Job Responsibilities:
- The primary driver of all site activity and will be responsible for ensuring that all work
- is completed according to design, within budget, to project schedule, and at the required standard for quality.
- Ensure your site is organized and adheres to the requirements defined in the Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Assemble the job site safety committee and chair the required job site safety meetings
- Conduct safety orientations and training sessions
- Maintain open communication with the Project Manager and other members of the management team
- Provide progress reports on site activities
- Mitigate site-level issues as they arise and escalate issues to management when necessary
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists
- Coordinate all municipal inspections
- Ensure that “as-built” drawings are prepared on a ongoing basis by all trades during the construction period.
- Maintain an organized job site, including the construction office
Site Superintendent Qualifications:
- College or university degree in a construction related field.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, employing effective listening skills
- Minimum eight years of current Ontario low or mid rise construction experience
- An eagerness to work collaboratively with the in-office project management team;
- A proven ability to leverage his/her extensive construction experience to resolve issues, to assist others on-site, and to generally contribute to job completion strategy
- A deep commitment to site safety and to creating and maintaining a positive site environment
- Tactful and mature demeanour with well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Demonstrated analytic, problem solving and time management skills
- Experience in effectively handling a wide rate of construction trades, suppliers and new home purchasers
- Knowledge of the Tarion New Home Warranty Program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Project, Outlook
If you are interested in this Site Superintendent job opportunity in Cobourg, ON, please send us your resume for immediate consideration.